Undergraduate course :
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) is an undergraduate program and is the approved professional dental course in India. A BDS graduate receives training in dental sciences which allow him/ her to deal with the diagnosis and treatment of several dental problems. The degree is regulated by the Dental Council of India. It is 5 year program which involves four years of class room ,preclinical and clinical education followed by a 1 year mandatory rotatory internship. It is a compulsory course for students aspiring to work as dentists at government or private hospitals or private clinics.
Course summary :
- Course name : Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Intake in DAPM RVDC : 60 seats per year
- Duration : 4 years + 1 year compulsory internship
- Eligibility :
- Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) board exams successfully or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognised institute.
- Candidate must have studied the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English compulsorily in their 10+2.
- Candidate must have appeared and cleared the NEET entrance exam with the required cut off. Please refer to the KEA website (https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/) for further details .