Standard Operating Procedure
(SOP) for BDS Students
- Only students with RTPCR Covid-19 test report from authorized ICMR approved state Govt. laboratories (3 days prior to joining the college) shall be allowed.
- Parent consent is mandatory.
- All the students must download and register for Arogya Setu App.
- Students must maintain safe distance of 6 feet in classrooms/clinics/labs and in public places as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks is mandatory. The face cover / must be always worn by the students in the college premises.
- Students are instructed to practice frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40 to 60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty.
- Respiatory etiquettes to the strictly followed. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing / snezing with a tissue / handkerchief / flexed elbow and disposing off used tissue properly.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest to the staff / Principal.
- Entrance of the college to have mandatory hand hygiene (sanitizer dispenser) and thermal screening provisions
- Any student residing in a containment zone will not be allowed to attend the college.
- Students must take all the precautionary measures (Wear Mask, Hand Sanitization and maintain physical distance) to avoid contamination while traveling in any mode of transportation.
- Students who all have travelled from severely COVID-19 affected Districts, States or Countries must inform the respective institutional authorities about the same. The travelers must strictly follow the travel guidelines and practice quarantine protocol.
- Students must restrict /avoid movement within and outside campus.
- Bike ride and Car drive should follow the instructions issued periodically by the Government of Karnataka.
- Practice yoga and Pranayama exercise for better or positive health.
DA Pandu Memorial RV Dental College and Hospital , Bangalore is preparing for the resumption of stay in the hostel premises by the undergaduate students. This SOP is as per the directions set by the Central, State or Local Government and the statutory agencies like RGUHS /DCI etc. The purpose of this SOP is to prevent and deal with the COVID-19 pandemic by setting up procedural guidelines for the students who will resume stay in the hostel premises.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory.
- Frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty. Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) can be done wherever possible.
- Respiroatory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose .
- While coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing of used tissues properly.
- Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
- Installation & use of Aarogya Setu App shall be advised wherever feasible.
SOP to be followed for entry to the hostel :
Screening of all students who are returing
to stay in the hostel is mandatory.
- Mandatory thermal scanning of all persons entering the campus will be done .
- Compulsory wearing of masks by all persons entering the campus premises is required.
- Hostel will be out of bound for all persons except essential staff with known health status.
- Provision of hand sanitizer (touch free) will be made at the entrance of the hostel building.
- A negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test report is mandatory to enter and stay in the hostel premises. All students shall undergo thee days prior to rejoining their respective colleges.
- If the test report is positive ,the student has to make his/her own arangements to stay outside the hostel premises for the next 14 days. Student will be allowed onto the premises only upon completion of the quarantine period and becomes symptom free/ as per the ptotocol set by the government
- Students travelled from international destinations need to be enrolled on
SOP to be followed during stay in the hostel :
- Hand sanitization to be followed at all times
- Wearing of masks is compulsory at all times
- Students are to refrain from gathering or venturing into other rooms. Social distancing should be maintained at all times.
- Strict adherence to the hostel timings is a must. Unnecessary venturing of the students outside the hostel premises is prohibited.
- Strict maintenance of hygiene during usage of toilets and bathrooms is mandatory.
SOP to be followed by students
while using mess facility :
- Social distancing norms while at the food queue and at individual tables/chairs shall be followed at all times .
- Only buffet system will be followed
- Staggered meal timings to be follpwed to reduce crowding . Employees shall follow the timings given by the administation for their lunch break strictly while maintaining the adequate distancing norms at all times.
- Any form of sharing of food or any other items such as glasses or spoons is strictly prohibited.
- Security guard and the mess staff would monitor the number of students in the dining hall. Students are uged to display self-discipline and avoid crowding inside the dining hall limiting the number as per the available empty chairs for sit-in meal. Students who do not find the availability of the chairs should proceed to their oom with their meal plates and return the cleaned plates immediately.
- Maintenance of hand sanitization is mandatory at all times before and after completion of the meals.
SOP for the staff working in the mess/dining area :
- Formal Education for the staff working at canteen/dining/kitchen area regarding COVID 19 pandemic is mandatory and relevant documents to the same shall be maintained.
- Ensure to place soap/disinfectant solution/hand sanitizers dispensers at various places in Canteen/Dining/Kitchen area and maintain the stock book.
- Staggered meal timings to be followed to reduce crowdings. Employees shall follow the timings given by the administration for their lunch break strictly while maintaining the adequate distancing norms at all times.
- The entire dining hall should be sanitized including door handles, surface of the chairs and tables. Adequate number of soaps/disinfectant solution/hand sanitizers must be provided at any given point of time.
- Staff at the kitchen area should have periodical health checkup and maintain medical records. They should wear gloves while cooking and as well as while serving food.
- Staff’s (cooking & supplying staff, cleaning, support staff and others) in working hostels shall be screened daily
- Influenza like illness symptoms (ILI). If ILI symptoms are present the person/s shall be sent to fever clinic/hospital
- Disinfect the utensils/glass ware on regular basis.
Quarantine & Isolation at Hostel:
- Students /Staff should follow quarantine norms as per the guidelines released by Ministry of health and family welfare
- Institution will facilitate a well-ventilated room preferably with an attached/separate toilet for isolation
- Student should avoid sharing household items e.g. dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, bedding, or other items with other people.
- Wear a sugical mask at all the time. The mask should be changed every 6-8 hours and disposed-off as per guidelines.
- If symptoms appear (cough/fever/difficulty in breathing etc), he/she should immediately inform the warden, principal, parents /guardians as the case may be.
- Subsequently the student will be referred to the nearest fever clinic/centre and shifted to COVID designated hospital for clinical management.
- In case the person being quarantined becomes symptomatic, all his close contacts will be home quarantined for 7 days and followed up for an additional 7 days or till the report of such case turns out negative on lab testing. These guidelines may be dynamic and updated as per the ministry health and family welfare.
- Disinfect the utensils/glass ware on regular basis.
Isolation refers to separation of individuals who are ill and strongly suspected (Primary contact with confirmed case) or confirmed of COVID-19. The following is the SOP to be followed in case a student develops symptoms (cough, fever, sore throat oat or any other influenz like illness (ILI) sypmtoms or severe acute respiratory infections (SARI) sypmtoms):
Upon staying in the hostel, any student developing cough, fever, sore throat or any other illness (ILI) and severe acute respiratory infections (SARI) symptoms should report to the warden immediately.
SOP to be followed by the Institution:
- Place the ill person in an isolation room
- Patient will remain isolated while wearing mask constantly .
- Immediately inform the principal , parents /guardians as the case may be. Subsequently such students will be referred to the respective Government Agencies. (BBMP)
- And the protocol followed by them will be followed
- Disinfection of the premises will be done in a situation that the person is found positive.
- Primary contacts of the COVID 19 positive person will also be isolated and placed under observation for development of symptoms.
- In the event that a student tests positive but is asymptomatic, the student will be provided seperater isolation rooms for stay during the quarantine period of 14 days.
- During the quarantine period, food will be provided to the student at their isolation rooms.